Friday 15 March 2013

Graphic 45 Design Team 2013 Audition


UPDATE: Apr 4-13
Yours truly is not in this year's list of finalists.  Happy crafting!
~ Terry ~


A big "thank you" goes out to my family and friends; because of their encouragement I'm auditioning for Graphic 45's 2013 design team.  Graphic 45 is an award-winning scrapbook and paper crafting company. They offer unique and vintage inspired crafting products - with vibrant color, irresistible texture and imaginative design.  I adore their products and would love to be selected as a design team member.

I'm to submit a minimum of six projects that I created.   Here they are ...

This birthday greeting uses Graphic 45's French Country collection papers.  I used an oval punch to create the delicate cutting.  The whimsical flowers are petals from the collection mixed with pre-cut petals.


Spring is in the air and this door wreath perfectly reflects the season.  Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime collection was the perfect choice for this project.



You've likely seen my "Happy Spring" card already.  I combined Graphic 45's Once Upon A Springtime collection with some other papers from my stash to create this delightful greeting.


I really like the Once Upon A Springtime collection.  Here I used it in a two-page layout for an 8" x 8" mini album.  The embellishments (not my designs) are coloured with water colour pencils.


Here's a simple, but adorable card created with Graphic 45's Bird Song paper collection.  I assembled the flowers from petals and beads found in my supplies.  I think the gold self-stick border adds interest.


The Bird Song papers are featured in this multi-media stretched canvas wall art.  It's one 8" x 10"  and two 7" x 5" canvases.  The backgrounds, geisha, ticket strip, and lanterns are from the collection.  The stork was cut from a book page then misted with glitter spray.  The planter was shaped from Styrofoam, painted with black gesso, and gold self-stick border was attached prior to finishing with five coats of Mod Podge.


This romantic greeting features a lot of lace and flowers trimmed from lace as the focal pieces.


This circus mini-album was fun to create from various papers and clipart.  The Graphic 45 Le Cirque collection would have been ideal for this project.


 

I truly regret not having taken more care in videoing my mini albums, because I am very proud of these projects - my mini-albums

These flowers, created from "junk mail" paper, would be lovely made from paper scraps.  I'm so glad I found a use for the "leftover bits" of the peacock feathers.


Well, that's the end of my audition projects. 

Thanks for stopping by.
 Wish me luck!

~ Terry ~

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word Terry. I just love your art!! Your imagination knows no bounds. Please remember when your famous k :)

    Luv ya
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Kelly, actually I began making cards for friends (in addition to family) while working with you. So you have some of my "earlier pieces". Take care beautiful.

    ~ Terry ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Terry!!! These are great. Nice work. As Kelly said, remember me when you are famous....I especially liked the circus one.

    Rick D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rick for stopping by - and....how could I forget you.

      ~ Terry ~

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!