Wednesday 20 November 2013

November Art Blitz

Hello Bloggers, first up is the latest tag in Tim Holtz' "12 Tags of 2013" on which he uses a chalkboard technique.  OMG! there's only one tag left this year!!
















 I had to give this technique a go and here's my chalk board tag. ...  Let me know what you think!







I'm continuing to explore creating art with coloured pencils and participating in Colored Pencil Magazine's monthly art challenge (http://coloredpencilmag.com/contest/monthly-art-challenge).

This was my submission for the Oct-13 challenge - glass and cellophane are very tricky subjects.....



The November challenge was a grey toned portrait and I created a trilogy of interpretations.....

Grey Girl - Fantasy
Grey Girl - Blue Mood 
Grey Girl - Pretty in Pink

I've also been playing around with water colours, and joined a group "Paint my Photo - where artists and photographers meet".  They host a monthly challenge theme whereby you use one or more of the group's photos as reference.  November's focus is "WHITE Christmas".  Here's my piece using coloured pencil and water colour paints on grey paper ...


photo ref: "Corcelles-dans-le-givre"; Michele Challoux  http://paintmyphoto.ning.com/photo/corcelles-dans-le-givre
I'd like to think I nailed the "white"!

Well, starting to get in a Christmas spirit, and the craft room awaits.  Bye for now.

Happy crafting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So many different mediums and styles, and all of them stunning. I like the gray drawings, those have so much expression the way you've done them. The snow scene is enchanting! You are truly a skilled artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine, I'm flattered by your comments. I took the opportunity to view your blog and was excited to see such wonderful coloured pencil paintings. I love your houses on the antique envelopes.
      Thanks for stopping by.
      ~ Terry ~

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!