Wednesday 5 March 2014

It's Time for a Change - from Drab to Fab !!!

Bright, Bold Colour ... that's the March, 2014 challenge at Paint My Photo.  The reference photos are all black and white and the challenge is to paint them, anyway you want to, in any medium...but in bright, blazing color!!!

Well .... isn't this an opportune time to learn how to use my new Derwent Inktense Blocks, along with all the new watercolour supplies I received at Christmas.....

This is my first attempt at using the Inktense Blocks - "Michael's Cat". The painting is 10" x 7" on 90lb watercolor paper. I also used a white gel pen.



The reference photo is Michael Klinkermallie's "My Cat".



Here's my second attempt - "Mardi Gras".  This picture is 10.5" x 9" on 90lb watercolor paper and I also used black and white gel pens.

The reference photo is Alex Lee Johnson's "Docile".

 ... And my favourite in this exercise is "Uncle Bill".  This watercolor was done using the Derwent Inktense Blocks, watercolor pencils, and black and white gel pens on 5.5" x 10" 90lb watercolor paper.

The reference photo is Carol Gauldin's "Uncle Bill".

I'm looking forward to creating more paintings using the Inktense Blocks. .... and, I'm open to any feedback - just leave me a message.

Think SPRING!!

~ Terry ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!